KYBELLA® is used to treat a commonly undertreated aesthetic condition known as submental fat gain, or in common terms the “double chin” area. Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults. It can affect men and women of average weight and is typically caused by genetics, aging and weight gain. It is often resistant to diet and exercise.
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When it is injected into the fat beneath your chin, the solution causes the destruction of fat cells, causing the cells to be destroyed and unable to store or accumulate fat. KYBELLA® is the first and only non-surgical option on the market to treat the double-chin area.
- How long do KYBELLA® results last? Once your aesthetic goal has been reached, there is no need for further treatment. When KYBELLA® kills those fat cells, they are gone for good!
- When will I see results? KYBELLA® results are seen within two to four treatments, sometimes sooner.
- Can I get KYBELLA® done the same day as other injectable procedures? Yes, you can receive KYBELLA® the same day you receive other injectable treatments.
- How does KYBELLA® remove the fat in the treated area? The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- Am I a candidate? If you’re bothered by and looking for a non-surgical option to treat the under-chin or submental fat area, then KYBELLA® may be the treatment for you! The best way to see if you are a candidate is to schedule a consultation with us to determine if this treatment is your best option.